The Insight Today recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy of every user who visits our website. We value your privacy and appreciate your trust in us. We are committed to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time as in required.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information directly from user(s) , from third-parties and automatically through our websites/mobile applications.
Registration for the Services may require that you supply certain personal information such as name, age, sex, contact number, email address and demographic information (area, location, IP address etc) to register. To aid convenience, users can sign up on any of our sites, and we extend the same login credentials to sign in to any of the other sites. (Single Sign-on feature). You may also register or link your account through third party accounts such as Facebook, Google etc.
We collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our site. Your IP address does not identify you personally. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of our website/apps such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs. We also receive information when you view content on or otherwise interact with our website/app/services, even if you have not created an account. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, to measure traffic on the website. This information may also be used by our advertisers/third party companies to personalize content, ads etc.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- We collect information directly from you when you register with us.
- We collect information (whether you are registered or not registered with us) when you browse our sites/apps, open or respond to an email from us (promotional or informational),
- When you post a comment on our website or raise a query/question to us through phone or email.
- We collect information from you using third party tools, browser cookies and web beacons in order to improve user experience.
- Device Information We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the service, such as IP address, geo-location information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other information for the purpose of providing customized information on the browser.
- Location Information Our mobile application and websites may capture your current location if you choose to enable GPS feature in the app or browser.
Cookies are small text files which contain a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, or visit partner website which recognises that cookie, your device is able to communicate with our website and the website can read the information held in that cookie.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies in your browser settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to reject cookies if you prefer. You may find more help about managing cookies in your browser: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Safari. This may prevent you from having complete website experience by affecting the access to some of the links, services or features. Information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
a) To Provide and Manage the Services You Request. This includes, for example, processing your subscription, sending you electronic newsletters, or enabling you to participate in the features provided by the Services. It also includes providing personalized content and recommendations to you, including by email. Through such features, we are able to bring you information and content tailored to your individual interests and needs.
b) To Reach You: We may periodically contact you with offers and information about the Services and our affiliates, including in connection with your accounts, online surveys, legal notices, news stories, new features that you are entitled to access, and other important information. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
c) To Customise Advertising. We may use your information to facilitate the delivery of targeted ads, promotions, and offers to you, on behalf of ourselves and advertisers, on and off the Services.
d) Understand Our Readers and Users. The Services conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information we collect. We do this to better understand and serve our users, and to improve our products and services.
e) To Protect the Rights of the Services and others. We may use your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
f) Consent. We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
The following provides information about entities with which we may share information. Our practices vary depending on the type of information.
- Business Partners: We may also share your information with business partners to provide you with services that you request.
- Service Providers: We may share information with vendors providing contractual services to us, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, and list managers. We also may share your information, including your payment information, as appropriate to process your payments for the Services or complete a transaction.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services: We may share your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, our employees or agents or users or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
- Affiliates : We may share information within our family of affiliated companies and business associates.
- Other Parties in Connection With a Corporate Transaction : We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization.
- We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users, including, for example, aggregated data about how users are using our Services.
- Links to Third-Party Sites : Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access or modify your personal information by signing on to the website. We will not modify the information provided by you. However, you must update your personal information as soon as such changes are necessitated.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law(s). However, we will retain the required personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, Avoid/check illegal and/or potentially prohibited activities and to enforce User Agreements; Comply with any court judgment / decree / order / directive / legal & government authority /applicable law; Investigate potential violations or applicable national & international laws; Investigate deliberate damage to the website/services or its legitimate operation; Detect, prevent, or otherwise address security and/or technical issues; safeguard p the rights, property or safety of company and/or its Directors, employees and the general public at large; Respond to Claims of third parties; and take such other actions as may be permitted by law
REACH OUT TO US
For any complaint related to our services or content of the website the aggrieved person may raise the query/complaint within a period of 7 (seven) days from the date of first publication to the designated grievance officer as below:
Anita Sinha Grievance Officer firstname.lastname@example.org