The government has made the unique Unique Identification Number (UID) mandatory for all doctors across India. As per the new regulations, doctors will now need a unique ID to practice medicine in India. The UID will be generated centrally by the National Medical Commission (NMC) ethics board.
According to the new notification by the National Medical Commission (NMC), a common medical register will be maintained for all the registered medical practitioners of the country. The same will be maintained by the Ethics and Medical Registration Board (EMRB) under the NMC. The register will have all the information all State Registers maintained by the various State Medical Councils and will have all relevant information regarding the medical practitioner.
All About National Medical Register
- The NMR can be accessed by anybody on the NMC’s official website—www.nmc.org.in.
- The NMR will comprise details such as registration number, name, father’s name, date of registration, place of working (hospital/institution), medical qualification including additional medical qualification, speciality, year of passing, university, and name of the institute(s)/university(s) from where the qualification was obtained.
- The license to practice medicine has to be renewed every 5 years.
- The application seeking renewal of license has to be made three months prior to the expiration of the validity of the license.
- No fees would be charged for updating the license of a medical practitioner
Read the latest and breaking Hindi news | English News on अब पाएं सबसे निष्पक्ष, विश्वसनीय और तेज खबरें, सिर्फ THE INSIGHT TODAY पर . Get live Hindi news about India and the World from politics, sports, bollywood, business, cities, lifestyle, astrology, spirituality, jobs and much more..
Read Latest News on your Mobile app so Download Mobile app The Insight Today