Responsive Menu
Add more content here...

Transferred Money To Wrong Person Through GPay, PhonePe, Paytm UPI? Here’s What You Can Do

Spread the love

Wrong UPI Transaction:Even though the digital payment system is getting stronger in the country, people are also at risk of being duped of their money digitally or paying to the wrong person unknowingly. There are a large number of cases where people have paid to the wrong person by entering wrong UPI ID and treating it as a loss as a result of their mistake. However, in case of transfer to wrong account, remedial steps are available to reverse the transaction.

As per RBI guidelines, in case of inadvertent transaction through digital services, the aggrieved person should lodge a complaint with the payment system used earlier. For example, if the aggrieved person has wrongly transferred money through UPI platforms like Google Pay, PhonePe or Paytm, he/she can file a complaint on the NPCI portal.

Compliant In Case Of Unintentional Digital Transaction Through UPI

According to the website of the National Payments Corporation of India , you can make a complaint regarding a UPI transaction. The complaint can be made for both types of transactions – fund transfer and merchant transactions.

According to the NPCI website,If the grievance/complaint is not resolved, the next level for escalation would be PSP Bank, followed by that bank and NPCI in that order. After exercising these options, the End User Customer may approach the Banking Ombudsman and/or Ombudsman for Digital Grievances, as the case may be.

The End User Customer shall be informed by the PSP/TPAP by updating the status of the complaint of such End User Customer on the respective App itself.

Who is the RBI’s Ombudsman for Digital Transactions?

The Ombudsman for Digital Transactions is a senior official appointed by the Reserve Bank of India to redress customer complaints against system participants.

When Can One File A Complaint With RBI Ombudsman?

For redressal of the complaint, the complainant has to first approach the concerned system participant like Google Pay, PhonePe or Paytm, etc.

If the System Participant does not respond within a period of one month from the date of receipt of the complaint, or rejects the complaint, or if the complainant is not satisfied with the reply given, the complainant may file a complaint with the Ombudsman for Digital Is. Is. Is. Transaction Jurisdiction within which the branch or office of the System Participant against whom the complaint is made is situated.

For complaints arising out of centrally operated services, the same shall be filed with the Ombudsman for Digital Transactions, in whose territorial jurisdiction the billing/declared address of the subscriber is located.

Transferred Money To Wrong Person Through GPay, PhonePe, Paytm UPI? Here’s What You Can Do