Recently, you may have noticed various Twitter (now X) users sharing screenshots of payments they have received from Twitter as part of the Ads Revenue Sharing feature. Many Indian Twitter users are also overjoyed after receiving Lakhs from Twitter and even called X Blue tick subscription ‘paise wasool’.
Back in July, Elon Musk introduced the Ads Revenue Sharing for qualified creators worldwide, enabling them to earn money from ads displayed on their posts and profiles. Now that X is effectively making payments, numerous Twitter users are exploring the details of this feature and how X pays its users for their engagement on the platform.
If you are also curious about how Twitter is paying its users and how to use this feature, here is a detailed look at what the new Ads Revenue Sharing feature on X and how it pays users.
What is Ads revenue sharing feature on Twitter
Ads revenue sharing feature on Twitter allows X Blue tick subscribers to earn a share of the money made from ads shown in replies to their posts. The feature is designed to support Twitter content creators by offering them the opportunity to earn money directly from the engagement they receive on their platform content.
This means that when Twitter users interact with a content creator’s tweets and engage in discussions within the replies, any ads displayed in those reply sections can contribute to the earnings of the creator.
Eligibility to use Ads revenue sharing feature on Twitter
To be considered eligible for creator ads revenue sharing, X has laid some criterias.
- Get X Premium subscription or be a verified organisation: The ad revenue sharing scheme is accessible only to users who have subscribed to X Premium (Twitter Blue). The pricing of X Premium starts at Rs 900 monthly in India for iOS and Android users and Rs 650 monthly for web users.
- Impressions and followers: Creators should have at least 15 million organic impressions on their cumulative posts within the last 3 months. Additionally one should also have a minimum of 500 followers on their account.
- Create Stripe account: Users are also required to have an account on Stripe. It is a payment processing platform which X will use to process payouts to eligible users.
- Meet Ads Revenue Share Terms: A user should also meet creator monetization standard and rules of X platform which include:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have an active Twitter account for at least 3 months.
- Post at least 25 tweets in the previous 30 days.
- Maintain a complete profile with a picture, bio, and header image.
- Verify your email address and enable two-factor authentication.
- Not be a state-affiliated media account.
- Maintain a clean record with Twitter, following their User Agreement and Content Monetization Standards.
- Have an authentic identity on your profile and not impersonate others.
How to apply for Ads Revenue Sharing
If you meet all the eligible criteria, you can apply for both Creator Subscriptions and Ads Revenue Sharing by accessing Monetization in your Twitter settings.
– Log in to your Twitter account and navigate to account settings.
– Locate and select the option to opt in for ad revenue sharing. “Once you click ‘Join and set up payouts,’ you will be redirected to our payment processor, Stripe, to set up an account to receive your share,” explains the official blog.
– Upon opting in, Twitter will start placing ads in your tweet replies.
Importantly, once you opt in, Twitter will send out your payouts at regular intervals, provided you have generated more than $50 USD, approximately Rs 4,000. However, the exact method X uses to calculate the payout value has not been disclosed in the support document.
Meanwhile, the company is also offering an option for users to opt out from the ads revenue sharing program. To do so, users can contact X’s Paid Support page.
source by : India today
Read the latest and breaking Hindi news | English News on अब पाएं सबसे निष्पक्ष, विश्वसनीय और तेज खबरें, सिर्फ WWW.THEINSIGHTTODAY.COM पर।. Get live Hindi news about India and the World from politics, sports, bollywood, business, cities, lifestyle, astrology, spirituality, jobs and much more.
Read Latest News on your Mobile app so Download Mobile app The Insight Today