The protesting wrestlers had met Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday.
India’s top wrestlers Bajrang Punia and Sakshi Malik’s, who are leading a protest against Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) chief and BJP MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, met with Sports Minister Anurag Thakur today and made five major demands.
Here are the 5 big demands by the wrestlers:
- The wrestlers have demanded that a woman should take over as the head of the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI).
- Brij Bhushan Singh and no one from his family will be a part of the wrestling federation.
- The protesting wrestlers have called for “free and fair” elections to the wrestling body whose leadership has been accused of corruption and mismanagement.
- The wrestlers have also demanded that the FIR registered against them for allegedly violating law and order in connection with a scuffle that broke out at Jantar Mantar on April 28 be revoked.
- The wrestlers reiterated their calls for Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh’s arrest over alleged sexual harassment charges.
Source By : India News(NDTV)
Read the latest and breaking Hindi news | English News on अब पाएं सबसे निष्पक्ष, विश्वसनीय और तेज खबरें, सिर्फ THE INSIGHT TODAY पर . Get live Hindi news about India and the World from politics, sports, Bollywood, business, cities, lifestyle, astrology, spirituality, jobs and much more.